Wednesday, November 19, 2008

China Bound

November 16th 4:30 am



We are moving to freakin China. Holy Sh$%^t. That's exactly what I was thinking as the taxi cab pulled away from my house--that is my childhood home that I grew up in, in NJ. I never have lived more than 300 miles from that house and now I was off to Shanghai. No more jumping in car on a whim from Boston to visit my Mom for the weekend. My heart pinched a bit at the thought--she was looking particularly vulnerable in her flannel PJs and rain boots waving goodbye to us from the driveway. Mat and I are on to a new adventure. What started out as an idea in May was becoming a reality. We've been married for eight years and have been fortunate to have travelled much of the world, but this move to Shanghai is crazy even for us! Memories of our family and friends' good wishes gave us confidence in our decision, but God only knows what's in store for us this next year. Whatever it is--it's going to be fun and hopefully worth your time to read about it....

No comments: